W V Security Services - New York, NY
$42 an hour
Armed Security Officers provide physical security, fixed and roving patrols, access control, vehicle inspection, x-ray machines and magnetometer screening; Close Circuit TV (CCTV) monitoring; dispatch; visitor processing; VIP protection; and administrative services.
No Experience Needed Training Avaliable
* Provide security protection and access control.
* Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
* Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations.
* Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
* Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
* Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
* Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
* Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School education or GED equivalent. Background investigation and pre-employment drug screening is conducted.
* Contract Security Guard force personnel shall, without exception, be U.S. citizen
* Contract Security Guard must be at least 21 years of age.
* Effective communicator and good writing ability.
* Nu Driver's license is a plus
* NY State Firearms Permit to Carry or must be able to obtain one no criminal history
* prior experience as a security guard or equivalent in the military is a plus but not necessary
* Physically fit to perform guard duties and is in good general health without any physical defects or abnormalities.
* Ability to handle office related material such as, computer equipment, printout paper, notebooks, ledgers, badge printer
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42.00 /hour
Security Officer- Independence, KS
The Armed Security Guard (ASG) is primarily responsible to perform protective service work such as (i) controlling access to company facilities by employees, customers, vendors and visitors, (ii) protecting employees and visitors to company facilities by maintaining a visible presence. (iii) securing company owned or leased buildings and property, and (iv) protecting company equipment and material. The ASG will respond to emergencies, support unarmed security guards in execution of their duties, engage in foot and mobile patrol of company facilities and conduct crowd, parking, and traffic control, inspections, and perimeter and internal access control. The ASG does not act in the capacity of a law enforcement officer, and has no arrest or apprehension powers. The ASG is armed with a side arm and/or other secondary weapons as required.
· Ability to deter, respond to and engage in active shooter incidents or workplace violence to include bodily harm or deadly force as allowed by law. When feasible use appropriate techniques to deescalate an aggressive situation.
· Demonstrates firearm proficiency, safety, familiarity and tactics. Must pass all background requirements for possessing a firearm.
· Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with all level of employees in a tactful and respectful manner. Can react well under pressure specifically in large group settings.
· Ability to identify, define and resolves problems through collection of data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Can develop alternative solutions to problem situations as well as make sound business decisions based on that data.
· Will be responsible for proper maintenance and functional operation of any company issued equipment.
· Follow applicable standard operating procedures and government regulations pertaining to security of weapons, buildings, personnel, government property and equipment.
· Will conduct personnel, vehicular, building, & facility checks and package & parcel inspection.
Complete other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management or related degree preferred. Must successfully complete all training and obtain all required permits, licenses and certifications for the site.
· Must have at least 5 years of experience in law enforcement or specified military occupation service (MOS).
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
· Must be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Armed Security Guard.
· Must be able to work flexible hours to include some weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to pass annual background check and maintain the ability to legally carry a firearm.
Work and Physical Environment:
May be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Security Detail Needed (Retired Military / LEO)
Whelan Event Staffing Services, Inc.
Miami Gardens, FL
We are looking for talented, experienced and professional Security Detail to join us in providing a positive, thorough security presence by offering superior service while maintaining a fun and safe environment. Our positions offer self-scheduling (you work when you choose to; nothing more, nothing less.).
Some of the open position responsibilities include:
Ensuring the safety of all guests to verify no prohibited items are allowed into the stadium, monitoring crowds and guests to ensure safety of all and report any suspect behavior, escorting high level individuals to their desired location with minimal disruption or attention
You have a unique combination of skills and talents including:
Thrive in a fast-paced environment and respond quickly to high-pressure situations
Strong, thorough and clear communication skills
Customer orientation and ability to adapt and respond to diversity
Demonstrate a stable work history
Experience in the security industry
Former, transitioning and active military experience
You’re Easily Described As:
A quick thinker with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly
Ability to stand for extended periods, sometimes throughout an entire event, and are comfortable doing so (notify us of reasonable accommodations)
Lifestyle benefits from flexible schedules that may include: days, evenings, and weekends and you’re comfortable working outside
At least 18 years old and able to pass a criminal background screening conducted through the state and/or federal government
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch within 2 business days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
Military / Security / LEO / EMT: 2 years
Required work authorization:
DOS Armed Uniform Protection Officer
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc
$30.80 - $42.40 an hour
The Uniformed Protection Officer is responsible for, but not limited to; special events, emergencies, dignitary protection, and enforcement federal regulations; emergency response to security alerts and civil disturbances; protection and enforcement of the control of classified material and personally identifiable information; package and vehicle inspections, and physical searches of persons; continuous surveillance-detection for indicators and warnings of pre-operational attack planning/surveillance, and for individuals identified as possible threats by various federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies; and protection/enforcement of rules and regulations of US Government-controlled property and operations.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. We are currently accepting applications for armed uniform protection officer (UPO) full-time positions in the National Capital Region (NCR). To be able to enter the application process for this position applicants must meet or exceed the following minimum requirements:
Be a minimum of 21 years of age;
Be a citizen of the United States;
Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent;
Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security clearance.
Have a command of both the written and spoken English language;
Possess a valid driver's license;
Possess a Bachelor Degree from an accredited school of learning and have the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position being applied for ; OR ,
Possess an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice (or 60 credit hours with 27 hours in core curriculum) from an accredited school and have been employed in the field of criminal justice during the past year and have the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position ; OR ,
Be a graduate of a certified federal, state, or local law enforcement training academy, a military police school, or the US Marine Corps’ Marine Security Guard School; OR ,
Have a minimum of three (3) years of federal, state, local law enforcement, or military police experience; OR ,
Have a minimum of three (3) years of verified armed security officer experience within the most recent four (4) years, where requirements of the position(s) are similar to that being applied for; OR ,
Possess a minimum of three (3) years of active duty military service, having held the rank of E-4 or higher upon Honorable Discharge.
Starting pay is $30.80 per hour after completion of initial training. An additional $4.75 per hour is contributed to a Health & Welfare Benefits Plan. Vacation and personal/sick days. Height/Weight and Clearance Bonus incentives. Academy Training will pay $10.20 per hour for the 4 week training duration.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. provides Equal Employment and Affirmative Action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. PPO License Number 6822.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.80 to $42.40 /hour
Armed Security: 3 years
military: 3 years
Security: 2 years