AVP - Security Operations
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The AVP of security operations plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others; ensures that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities; advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with federal, state and local legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
• Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises CIT’s security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
• Prepares reports and records for management team.
• Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing CIT’s activities and functions relative to security.
• Identifies and resolves security related problems.
• Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
• Coordinates activities within security area.
• Prepares, tracks and analyzes Annual Operating and Capital budgets associated with security operations.
• Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
• Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control.
• Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel.
• Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition.
• Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of CIT regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training.
• Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
• Serves as liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at CIT locations and/or CIT personnel.
• Performs, arranges and supervises executive protection.
• Performs other activities as assigned.
• Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, CIT activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
• Prepares work schedules; assigns or delegates responsibilities.
• Provides work directives for subordinates.
• Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions.
• Interprets and disseminates CIT’s policy to subordinate personnel; and evaluates employee performance
Global Account Manager
The Global Account Manager (GAM) serves as the key point of contact for the client and provides strategic direction and leadership for the assigned account. The GAM manages the global security services and related operations, including client service, problem resolution, service enhancement, and account development.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
Directs or completes tasks associated with these areas of responsibilities:
1.Serves as a key point of contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary communication and/or corrective action in a timely manner.
2.Coordinates activity with and acts as liaison for Vice President of Global and National Accounts of respective vertical market to provide highest level of service for client; implements programs and initiatives as directed by Vice President of Global and National Accounts; reports to Vice President of Global and National Accounts of respective vertical market.
3.Coordinates and performs Security Risk Reviews of client facilities using industry best practices and client specific assessment tools.
4.Initiates, coordinates and assumes responsibility for benchmarking and the identification of cost saving practices throughout the assigned account.
5.Identifies and utilizes networking opportunities with Securitas clients and other global/national account managers; Implements security industry “best practices”; Works with branch/site management to standardize processes, practices and service delivery for the account.
6.Implements key performance measures, tracking tools, scorecards and reporting methods in cooperation with branch, site and client managers to enhance security team effectiveness and performance.
7.Meets regularly with client and Securitas management representatives for account reviews; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists in preparation of RFP responses; negotiation of client contracts; provides support during client start-ups and transitions; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; coordinates review and update of global and local post orders; ensures contract compliance throughout the entire portfolio.
8.Provides global management oversight for the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; ensures that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; provides performance feedback, coaches associates, and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary; supports staff as appropriate in carrying out their respective responsibilities.
9.Provides direct management of Regional Account Managers in other regions for the delivery of high quality service consistently in all client locations.
10.Participates in client strategic budget preparation for guard services and security system deployments.
11.Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; ensures that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
12.Within scope of contract and assigned duties, reviews appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensure invoices are correct, delivered and paid in a timely manner.
13.Ensures appropriate staffing levels, in collaboration with area management as necessary; ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs.
14.Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
15.Builds and facilitates teamwork and partnerships and the implementation of progressive change.
16.Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
17.Assists client in evaluation of global security needs and determines feasibility of delivery of requested or desired service; demonstrates understanding of and ability to operate in global business environment.
18.Develops global service network for client locations and establishes strong relationships with Securitas and with alliance partners; Coordinates, monitors and evaluates global service delivery; develops global best practices; applies National Accounts model to global service delivery.
19.Coordinates, monitors and evaluates global service delivery; develops global best practices; applies National Accounts model to global service delivery.
20.Assists Vice President in global RFI and global RFP responses for assigned client as required, including the development of pricing models and strategies; coordinates pricing information from all regions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
Bachelor's degree and 10 or more years of experience in a field related to the security industry and/or business management, and progressively responsible experience in the security management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation or Physical Security Professional (PSP) designation desirable. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
Understanding of security operations, loss prevention, investigations and systems integration.
Knowledge of business operations, management and human resources administration.
Use of personal computer and spreadsheet software.
Ability to synthesize and present business/financial data and develop solutions.
Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
Oral and written communications skills.
Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
Ability to manage security operations at multiple sites dispersed over a wide geographic area.
Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Ability to be an effective leader and member of project teams.
Ability to facilitate progressive change.
Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands:
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
Successful passage of background, reference, behavioral selection survey, and controlled substance tests.
Ability to travel globally
Ability to travel as necessary to support client account, up to 80% travel.
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
May require regular use of vehicle and frequent travel in the performance of duties.
Regular talking and hearing.
Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Conducting oral presentations and group meetings.
Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
Executive Support Officers
Menlo Park, CA
We are seeking a candidate to fill a high-visibility front line position dealing with both internal and external customers. Customer satisfaction while maintaining site safety, business efficiency and adherence to applicable laws, and internal policy and procedures is essential.
The objective of the position is to securely and discreetly monitor, screen, and direct all individuals in the executive area. The position will require daily interaction with all employees, visitors while working hand in hand with executive assistants and internal security. Duties will include monitoring the executive area, logging any disruptions, and performing greeting services for VIPS. Candidate will be expected to respond to internal/external requests, monitoring social media, making notification of visitor arrivals/departures and monitoring camera systems.
The customer experience is paramount!
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, demonstrate computer proficiency, be able to independently research issues and provide solutions with a keen eye for detail. Previous customer service and/or high security environment experience is a definite asset. The position requires a self-starter who thrives and exceeds expectations with minimal supervision. Personal development is enabled and encouraged in the position. Proactive critical thinkers and innovators are highly desired.
Pay Rate - $25.00 - $35.00/hourly
• Monitor executive area via Camera System, providing support by greeting employees and visitors in person (must be comfortable standing or sitting at computer screen)
· Supporting Executive Assistants by directing visitors and employees to the necessary areas optimizing business efficiency in the executive area
· Giving instructions and direction to visitors and employees in a professional manner
• Maintains safety by following procedures, monitoring camera of executive area and working with internal security.
• Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
• Monitor and reports disruptions in the work place
• Communicates and liaises verbally and in writing between both internal and external customers/suppliers/visitors/enquirers and relevant staff. Interprets and responds clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone, email, or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
• Performs duties in, efficient, professional, and courteous manner while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
• Maintains consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, security compliance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
Maintains a safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, two way radio
• Communicates and provides information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organizational operations and effective service to connecting groups.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implements actions according to policies, procedures, and best practices.
• Researches and investigates information on social media to enable strategic decision-making by themselves and others.
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Computer Skills, Verbal Communication, Listening, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Organization, Informing Others, Handles Pressure, Report Writing.
• Must be adept in use of internet, email, and MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Power Point. Use of Lotus Notes and/or security system software is a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a business environment.
• Monitor visitors and employees in a secure environment.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality service with a strong ability to learn. A natural forward planner who critically assesses their own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives.
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined. An empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well-presented and businesslike.
Keen for new experiences, responsibility, and accountability.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Successful criminal background check required.
• Minimum High School Diploma required.
Executive Security Specialist
San Diego, CA
Performs executive security protection and other related services for senior executives, members of the Board of Directors, retired CEO's, and other VIP's of Sempra Corporation. All duties place a strong emphasis on the safety and security of those individuals in the Executive Security Specialist's (ESS) care.
Devoting full attention to the security mission and principles of protection, the ESS provides the protectee with a safe environment free from both physical harm and embarrassment. Must be constantly aware for unusual conditions or persons either while en route to or at the point of arrival/departure, in order to detect, deter, delay, deny, and/or defeat possible threats to the protectee. Responsible for the safety and well-being of the protectee in his/her care and must take appropriate action in the event that the protectee becomes ill/injured and/or confronted by hostile persons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Meets at protectee’s residence or other designated location at the time required each day. Responsible for the safety and security of assigned protectee. This includes preparing safe transportation routes, evaluating the security of the protectee’s residence at departure and arrival, completing advances on destination points, and maintaining a presence when necessary at special functions or events. Receives direct supervision from the Manager, International Security & Executive Services, but will regularly receive direction or instruction from the ESS Lead.
Travel with protectee throughout the United States, Mexico, and South America, including extended days and weekends. Required to be available to his/her protectee until dismissed or as directed by ESS Lead or Manager.
Conducts site advances at off-site locations, to include meetings, restaurants, and special events at both public and private venues. When necessary, complete the necessary documentation such as site security reports and presentations.
Attends specialized training in defensive driving, self-defense, certification in First Aid/CPR, defibrillator usage and first responder medicine (also known as TCCC: tactical combat casualty care).
Additional assignments include, but are not limited to, assisting department members with other security-related duties.
Provides courier services for sensitive and confidential documents or materials for his assigned principal and other executives or departments.
Attends briefings related to security matters affecting the principal and general crime in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas.
Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years experience in private sector, law enforcement and/or military executive/dignitary protection.
3 years protective intelligence analysis and application.
3 years Latin American security and language experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Protective security operations.
Knowledge of routes and secure transportation.
Ability to conduct site advances and brief security team.
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid state driver's license, (and ability to obtain California driver’s license), safe driving record, no chargeable accidents or violations over the last three (3) years required.
Must be certified in First Aid/ CPR training and must be proficient in rendering first response medical treatment when called upon.
EMT or intermediate/advanced emergency medical certifications (e.g. paramedic, TCCC, combat lifesaver) a plus.
Defensive tactics and/or driving instructor-certified.
Completion of recognized executive protection school or academy.