Security (Certified Executive Protection) Officers - LA
Los Angeles, CA
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the exciting and cutting edge environment of security?
Then join the dynamic security team at SOS Security. We are not like any other company in the industry – we only partner with companies who share our mission and vision – one of integrity, professionalism and trust.
With our rapid and continual growth, SOS Security has immediate full time and part-time positions available for Security Officers with Executive Protection experience in the Los Angeles area. (This is an unarmed position) Candidates must provide Executive Protection Certification.
Essential Duties May Include:
Must pay great attention to detail and possess the ability to execute good judgment in difficult and/or emergency situations
Must have the ability to work as a team and/or independently and adapt to various work-paces
Ability to maintain a high-level of attentiveness and energy at all times
Must be discrete and maintain confidentiality as necessary
Provide Executive Protection Security to high-level clients and/or client property
Exercise sound judgment and be flexible to shifting priorities and challenges
Must have the ability to stand for extended periods
Successful Candidates will possess the following:
Must have a minimum of 2 years' Executive Protection experience
Must have a minimum of 3 years' Security experience
Must possess excellent customer service skills
Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to communicate with other security and facility personnel over basic phone and radio systems
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation
Benefits are available for Full Time employees:
Leave: Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Medical (Conditions Apply)
Insurance: Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
SOS offers a referral bonus to all eligible employees!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security LLC is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Executive Protection; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and System Design, Installation, Service and Support.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team. Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 /hour
Security: 3 years (Required)
Executive Protection: 2 years (Required)
High school (Required)
California Guard Card (Required)
Executive Protection Certificate (Required)
Officer of Corporate Security
Glen Allen, VA
The Corporate Security Officer’s overall responsibility is to oversee physical security for the corporation and its teammates. This position defines, develops, and deploys proper security procedures to all managed locations to ensure the safety of bank personnel, clients, and assets. Manages security staff in execution of strategies. Design and implement programs to limit the company’s exposure to liability risks and to properly protect intellectual property, physical assets and company teammates.
• Develop strategies to identify, assess, prevent, protect and mitigate all risks, threats and vulnerabilities to safeguard people, assets, product and property; to maintain continuity of operations and ensure profitability.
• Serves as the central resource, responsible for promoting consistency in the company’s physical security policies, procedures and practices for protection confidence and compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and other compliance requirements.
• Contracts for, manages, develops or provides performance oversight for all security service providers.
• Responsible for directing all aspects of Physical Security Program including: Access control systems, contract security officers, alarm systems, and camera systems.
• Cultivates effective partnerships with stakeholders in other parts of the Bank to ensure the business mission reflects appropriate safety and security considerations.
• Oversees a team that coordinates safety and security efforts across all corporate disciplines. Sets objectives, manages performance; provides training and direction.
• Develops budgets for security equipment to support business needs, goals and objectives
• Serve as principal security advisor to the Company’s leadership team and Board of Directors regarding safety and security of the Company
• Make recommendations and provide proposals to business lines on security equipment.
• Promptly responds to incidents and threats, gathers intelligence, conducts investigations and initiates follow up on events that put the organization at risk. Follow up with law enforcement and appropriate personnel as needed.
• Develops and implements the physical training and awareness programs.
• Develop and implement security risk assessment program for all facilities to include branches, ATM’s, corporate facility locations. Partner with the Risk Management Department in identifying potential physical security risks
• Manage security vendors during installation of security equipment to ensure Client standards are met and maintained.
• Stays abreast of the latest trends in physical security.
• Establishes standard levels of security for company locations and recommends which level should be implemented.
• Maintains inventory of physical security equipment and maintenance schedule for equipment.
• Partners with retail line of business on branch design incorporating appropriate physical security measures.
• Participates in the creation of key performance measures and then monitors performance toward goals.
• Collaborates with Corporate Assets teammates to create solutions that support the strategic direction of the bank. Asks for feedback from all and keeps all well informed.
This position reports to the Director, Corporate Assets.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Business Management, or related field; or the equivalent in work experience
• CPP certification (desired)
• Ten years’ experience in a management security position (military, police, FBI, Corporate Security, etc.)
• Five years of experience in a people leadership role with direct reports
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong planning and organizational skills to be able to handle multiple priorities at one time
• Strong leadership and ability to effectively communicate clearly and persuasively with suppliers and internal customers, including executive level leaders
• Customer service oriented with a high energy level
• Superior ability in root cause analysis and problem solving skills
• Critical thinking; situational awareness; good judgment and decision making.
• Ability to remain calm and perform optimally in high-pressure situations
• Familiarity with electronic security systems and software applications
• Experience in managing and negotiating security contracts
• Experience in managing security projects
• May need a license to carry a firearm.
DSAs (Detail Security Advisors)
Domestic and International
Deployments vary in duration from client to client. All DSAs must be able and willing to commit to the entire duration of detail(s).
Provide specialized security services to include, but not limited to: Executive Protection Services, High Risk and High Threat Security Services, Corporate Security Services, Emergency Response Services, Crisis Management Response Services, and Disaster Response Services both Domestically and Internationally.
Due to the specialized security services that Drago Protective Services, provides to its clients, our firm is a drug free, alcohol free, and tobacco product free company. Our firm has a Zero Tolerance Policy on the use of illegal drugs, alcohol, or the use of tobacco products during any and/or all security details. The use of any and/or all of the aforementioned substances is prohibited. All DSAs undergo random drug screening and must agree to and sign a contract certifying that they will not take any illegal drugs, consume any alcohol, or utilize any tobacco produces during any and/or all contracted details that they are assigned to whether they are on duty or off.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of active and/or former Law Enforcement, Federal/Government Agency, Military, Security, and/or Executive Protection experience. Prospective applicants will not be considered for employment if Drago Protective Services, is unable to verify the validity of any application submitted.
Must possess, and/or must be able to acquire and maintain any and/or all local, state, or federal licensing in order to perform any and/or all security services to include, but not limited to: Guards Cards, Armed Security Licenses, Concealed Carry Weapons Licenses, HR-218, etc...
Must be able and willing to stand and remain standing during shifts between 8 and 12 hours or perhaps longer without sitting. Additionally; some deployment locations may be in disaster stricken areas, and applicants must be willing and able to stay in areas in which the only accommodations will be in tented communities or camp like conditions.
Must be able to make effective clear decisions in both routine and crisis situations, maintain focus, situational awareness, control of your surroundings, and composure within an ever changing, fluid, and dynamic environment, while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and composure during many stressful circumstances to include, but not limited to: dealing with continuous distractions and time constraints from the clients, general public, hotel staff and employees, coordinating drivers and appointments, numerous unpredictable circumstances, alarms, noisy machinery, hostile disaster stricken populations suffering from poverty, drought, famine, homeless, etc...
Must have the ability and willingness to work all aspects of security/positions to include, but not limited to: Executive Protection, High Risk and High Threat Securirty, Advance Work, Security Driver, C.P. (Command Post), Halls and Walls, Perimeter Security, Gate Security, Check in and Check Out Posts, work during adverse weather such as excessive rain, extreme heat (Summer), extreme cold (Winter), able and willing to carry clients bags if necessary, able to lift and/or assist another individual lift and an object weighing 90 pounds, etc...
Must be able to communicate professionally, proficiently, and utilize the upmost level of interpersonal skills with clients, Detail Leader, other DSA's, local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, staff, and the general public orally, telephonically, and through correspondence and/or via report writing. Applicant must be able to read, write, and communicate proficiently in English.
Must possess the ability and willingness to work under direct supervision of a Detail Leader, and with other DSAs in pursuit of all operational goals and objectives, follow the chain of command, and have the ability to promote and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds. Must possess the ability and willingness to maintain their personal appearance to include but not limited to: physical fitness, personal hygiene, grooming, attire, etc...
Must be US Citizen, or legally eligible to work in the United States.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum of five (5) years of active and/or former Law Enforcement, Federal/Government Agency, Military, Security, and/or Executive Protection experience.
Must not have a felony criminal record (all applicants are subject to criminal background checks)
Must be able to pass a 10 year verifiable background check, including criminal, employment, education, and personal references.
Must possess and maintain CWF (Concealed Weapons and Firearms License), HR-218 Certification a plus.
Must possess valid State issued Driver's License.
Must be able and willing to commit to the entire duration of detail(s) deployment.
Must possess, and/or must be able to acquire and maintain any and/or all local, state, or federal licensing in order to perform any and/or all security.
Must possess the ability of trustworthiness as you may be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential materials and information.
Protective Security Officer (PSO)
Rockville, MD, USA
Master Security is a leading provider of security services to government and private sector clients in the North Capitol Region. With a history of reliability spanning more than 50 years, Master Security continues to provide focused, experienced, and professional security personnel and security solutions.
Master Security is currently seeking FPS / GSA Certified PSOs with a minimum 2 years experience for our MD FPS sites.
Enforce FPS policies and procedures. Adhere hereto all FPS/Customer Post Orders
Applicants must have or meet the following Requirements:
Over 21 years of age
Be a US Citizen
A diploma or GED recognized by the US Board of Education
First Aid Certification
Contractor Basic Weapons Training
OC Spray Certification
Contractor Basic Training
Refresher Training - (if it's been more than 3 years since Basic)
FPS Basic Training (Orientation) - only needed once - 8 hour class
Passed SMART Book/SGIM exam
Maryland Guard Card
Suitability Letter - Preliminary or check expiration date
Security Clearance (not necessary, but helpful)